The 2019 PADC Diamond Skulls is set to be a monster, with the first wave of international and national judges announced today. The Diamond Skulls is dedicated to recognising the individual creativity of Perth’s commercial creators, from Perth’s best designers and photographers to editors and digital coders, art directors and writers, directors, sound designers and everything in between. The awards are also unique by recognising a folio of work rather than one stand-out piece – and can include personal projects and creative work.
Full details of the revamped entry portal and judging criteria will be revealed shortly (so why not sign up to our Commune newsletter right now to stay in touch?), but in the meantime, you can cast your eyes over some of the incredible luminaries your PADC has been able to secure.
First up, as Chair of Judges in 2019, is Nick Law (Chief Creative Officer of Publicis Groupe and President of Publicis Communications.) Nick is an outstanding creative talent across every creative discipline he as put his mind to, whether product design (he launched Nike Fuel Band during his time as Global CCO of R/GA), to overseeing award-winning work across pretty much every category in digital, advertising, film, music and design. We’re very excited to hear his feedback on the creative standards we’re setting in Perth, and look forward to putting some great work in front of him and the other judges.
Speaking of the judges, the first lineup announced is:
- Eric Benitez – Head of Art TBWA Melbourne
- Brett Colliver – CD, DDB NZ
- Lisa Fedyszyn – ECD Ogilvy NZ
- Andrew Chu – ECD Ogilvy Thailand
- Isabelle de Vooght – Interactive Senior Art Director F/Nazca Saatchi & Saatchi Brazil
- Gene Brutty – CD, Google Japan
- Tim Seddon – CD Google, Japan
- Jessica Lilley – CD Leo Burnett Melbourne
- Emma Hill – ECD M&C Saatchi Melbourne
- Michael Grecco – Photographer
- Russel Fox – CD M&C Saatchi Melbourne
- Daniel Milnor – Blurb Ambassador/Photographer
- Debra Weiss – Photography Consultant
- Bill Roberts – Post Production
- Mark Carolan – CD/Photographer, Saatchi & Saatchi LA
- Rhoni Epstein – Ex Photog Rep
- David Klein – CD Consultant (Recently CHE ECD)
- Anna Fawcett – Executive Producer Film Graphics Sydney
- Paul Garbett – Creative Director, Garbett Design
- Jo Roca – Creative Director, For The People
- Jay Morgan, Digital Creative & Innovations Director – The Monkeys
More details and event news will be coming soon, so start polishing up your best work, follow the PADC on Facebook and sign up to the Commune newsletter today. And don’t forget to renew your PADC membership while you’re there!
Photo: Emmanuel André